RareCan Limited: Privacy Notice (Non-members)
Last updated 27th April 2022
We store your data securely and safely, and use it in accordance with all relevant data protection laws. Our service was designed using ‘Privacy by Design’ principles and is fully compliant with the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (the UK version of the General Data Processing Regulations, GDPR).
If we make changes to this notice, we will notify you by email. RareCan Limited will be what is known as the ‘Data Controller’ of personal data you provide to us.
Table of Contents
WHO THIS NOTICE APPLIES TO
This notice applies to our non-members i.e. to our supporters, business contacts such as clients, partners, investors and service suppliers. A separate notice, here, applies to our members i.e. people affected by cancer who register their interest in taking part in research projects.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process of the following information:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Business address (if relevant)
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Because you are interested in supporting what we do
- Because you contacted us about the services we provide
- Because you have entered into a contract with us
- Because you have expressed an interest in forming a partnership with us
- Because you are interested in becoming an employee of RareCan Limited
We also receive personal information indirectly from publicly available sources such as websites and social media and through other business contacts.
We may use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Identify services which may be of interest to you
- Develop a business relationship with you
- Contact you to update you on our progress
- Monitor and improve our services
Who we share your data with
We do not share your personal data with any third party. If this ever changes, we will seek your permission first and let you know who might have access to it. We will never share your personal data with any third party without your consent.
Our lawful basis for processing your data
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
a) Your consent- for example if you agreed to receive newsletters or marketing emails from us. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this using our unsubscribe service (where available) or by contacting our data protection officer via mail at 8, Park Avenue, Hexham, NE46 3EN or via email at DPO@rarecan.com. You do not have to provide any reasons for your decision.
b) We have a contractual obligation.
c) We have a legitimate interest- in specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we will use data to send you information about projects which might be of interest to you and to update you about our progress. We will also send you direct marketing emails when you trade with us and do not choose to opt out. We may contact you regarding market research.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on servers in Europe or the US. We will only keep your contact details for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at DPO@rarecan.com, 8 Park Avenue, Hexham, NE46 3EN if you wish to make a request.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – RareCan Ltd uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – RareCan Ltd uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. RareCan Ltd sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
EXTERNAL SITE POLICIES
Privacy policies of other websites
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at DPO@rarecan.com, 8 Park Avenue, Hexham, NE46 3EN.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk