Full-stack Developer, fixed term contract
RareCan is an exciting, UK-based medtech startup aiming to improve the lives of people affected by rarer forms of cancer by accelerating research. We are looking for brave self-starters with a talent for getting things done and a strong customer focus. If you are determined to make a difference and want to get your sleeves rolled up in a fast-evolving startup, we look forward to hearing from you.
As our team in the UK expands, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Full Stack Developer to join our team. If you’re enthusiastic about mobile web development, you have a few mobile web apps under your belt, and are looking to use your skills to make a difference, we’d love to hear from you!
The goal of this role is to prototype and design dynamic user-interfaces and deliver mobile apps. You will be familiar with front-end development , software engineering best practices (CI-CD, agile, Git) and able to code using backend technologies . You will be an innovative thinker that is able to quickly build ideas into prototypes.
- Rapidly prototype mobile focussed web apps
- Maintain and update internal data stores
- Work with the team to bring prototypes into production
- Work with senior members of the team to survey existing solutions and technologies in order to recommend appropriate technical solutions
Technical Skills & Experience
- Development languages: Knowledge of server-side programming languages including Node.js , Server side React JS..
- Database and cache: Familiarity with DBMS technology, including SQLServer and MySQL and caching mechanisms.
- Basic design ability: Including knowledge of UI/UX and basic prototype design
- Server: Experience working with Nginx or Apache servers with a solid background in Linux
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to visualize a proposed system and be able to build it
- Demonstrable experience in full stack development
- Experience with querying API / RESTful interfaces.
- Experience with cloud technologies and providers ( Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience with containerization like docker
- Experience with Salesforce integration.
- Accustomed to DevOps and Agile methodologies and ways of working
To apply please send email and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org