Business Development Executive
Remote, UK resident
Fixed-term contract, with permanent role potential
Job creation reason:
New role as part of an ever expanding company
£30k full time equivalent, with competitive incentive scheme
Opportunity to join an award-winning startup, to help grow its client base and help improve outcomes for millions of people with cancer around the world.
RareCan is a digital health company focused on improving outcomes for people with rare and less common cancers. We are looking for someone smart, sharp and ambitious with some previous experience of the life sciences industry who wants to develop their sales skills in a fast-paced start up.
Working with patient consent, we bring together multimodal data for precision diagnosis and accurate longitudinal data, to provide our members (people with cancer) with personalised information and tools to better understand and manage their cancer, and the global life science industry with a platform to accelerate the pace at which new diagnostics and treatments are brought to market.
In short, RareCan’s platform unites rare cancer patients with precision medicine clinical trials, providing potentially life saving treatments.
You’ll become the 4th member of our business development team, working under the guidance of our experienced chief commercial officer. Responsibilities and activities will include:
- Prospect and identify potential clients who have the capacity and need for our products/services, with a focus on high-value opportunities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers within target organisations, including C-level executives and senior management.
- Understand clients’ business objectives, challenges, and requirements to effectively position our offerings as the optimal solution.
- Build and take ownership of a sales pipeline, ensuring opportunities are nurtured through to close.
- Work with your line manager and technical experts to support complex contract negotiations, including pricing and terms, while maintaining a focus on long-term client relationships.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams, including account management, product development, marketing, and customer support, to ensure seamless execution and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct thorough market research and competitor analysis to gain a competitive advantage and stay up to date with industry trends
- Accurately maintain data, self-analyse progress and produce reports based on KPIs from RareCans CRM, Salesforce.
- Over time, this role could develop into a full time position with international travel requirements.
We are looking for someone who is hungry to learn and keen to make an impact in business development and sales. You don’t need to have had a load of previous experience, but you do need to be smart, confident, and ambitious, and have a desire to get stuck in and make a difference through your own application.
- Have a relevant life science degree
- Have some experience of the life sciences industry, for example in your degree or with a couple of years work experience behind you
- Some previous/proven track record in sales would be a bonus, but isn’t a necessity
- Experience of Salesforce CRM is a bonus, but isn’t a necessity
- Have the confidence and communications skills to ‘get out there’ and build relationships with contacts across our target client base at all levels of seniority
- Be able to work remotely under your own steam, motivating yourself, whilst collaborating with your colleagues where appropriate
- Finally, and crucial to any fast growing company, be a solution-minded team player, willing to share what’s working and help the team succeed together